Through our extensive involvement in the Christchurch Earthquake Recovery we have a highly developed specialist expertise in forensic building assessment, strengthening design and resilient new build design for residential, industrial and commercial projects. Our experience covers a full spectrum of clients including individual home and building owners, small businesses, corporate clients, insurers, local authorities and Central Government organisations providing professional, impartial and unbiased advice.
Whether existing structures or new designs, either at the outset of a project, or during project construction. We offer a variety of services incorporating, seismic structural expertise:
- Survey and assessment of the seismic performance of existing structures and equipment including point cloud surveys through our Drone capability
- ISA/DSA reports consistent with the requirements of the EPB legislation
- Development of strengthening scheme designs from initial concept through full consent documentation to construction monitoring
- Residential structural assessments of earthquake damage including remedial work strategies
- Advice on earthquake damage repair costs for insurance purposes
- Guidance on earthquake risk management options for critical infrastructure
- Analysis for seismic loads and design for seismic resistance
- Implementation, including use of appropriate materials, and methods of construction
- Comprehensive risk assessment of earthquake damage to buildings and infrastructure
- BMC will offer detailed knowledge of the changing landscape of New Zealand’s safety and design standards, legislation, best practice and proven methodologies around seismic safety. We actively embrace innovation and new technology to incorporate the benefits of latest advances in learning.
Our independent seismic expertise ensures clients can make fully informed decisions as to the feasibility and best way forward on a project, balancing cost with safety and buildability of a structure. We have established a strong reputation for providing impartial expert advice to assist home owners and insurers and identifying earthquake damage and specifying a repair methodology that meets our client’s brief.
We are often recommended as the engineers of choice for complex insurance claims and we stand by our recommendations. This work extends to include expert witness advice attending mediation conferrals and court testomy.
To view the range of our strengthening and assessment projects, browse our portfolio.